Sunday 24 February 2013

The Datsuns - Camden Dingwalls February 15th exclusive Paul Slattery Photographs

Christian from The Datsuns - Photo by Paul Slattery
I have to admit that Paul Slattery and I were at the gig primarily to see Free Fall, I didn't know that much about The Datsuns to be honest. I've seen them live once or twice before and have a couple of tracks here and there, but I'm not so up on their story or back catalogue. However, what I do know is that they are a phenomenal live band and I thoroughly enjoyed their high voltage set, as evidently did the packed out Dingwalls crowd. The gig was a complete sell-out, even though Free Fall were barely advertised, and outside the ticket touts were frantically trying to buy tickets themselves. There was much stage-diving and crowd-surfing as the band served up a frantic set of finely-tuned MC5, Hellacopters style freak-out rock. My personal highlight being the pounding anthem "Harmonic Generator" which lifted the roof off Dingwalls. I took up a safe position at the side of the stage but Paul was right in the thick of it, and he thoroughly enjoyed the experience! So, here are some of Paul Slattery's photo and a few of mine too, hope you like them...We'd both like to say a big thank you to The Datsuns for being so nice to us interlopers!

Phil and Dolf with blissed out crowd - Photo by Paul Slattery
The Datsuns - Photo by Paul Slattery
Christian, Ben and Dolf of The Datsuns - Photo by Paul Slattery
The Datsuns - Photo by Paul Slattery
The Datsuns by Steve Worrall
The Datsuns by Steve Worrall
The Datsuns by Steve Worrall
The Datsuns Photo by Steve Worrall
All photos Copyright Paul Slattery 2013 & Steve Worrall Retro Man Blog 2013 as noted.

No comments:

Post a Comment