For over fifty years, The Pretty Things have proudly, unapologetically and righteously scorched their own, unique trail through contemporary music. A half-century (plus) of the raunchiest rhythm and blues, of punch-ups, dazzling highs and epic struggles, of innovation and exultation, lauded by their peers, vilified by authority, a crucial influence on successive generations of acts, The Pretty Things make it to the mid twenty teens with mojo intact and edge unblunted.
The Pretty Things created some of the most exciting and innovative records of the late 1960s and early 1970s. In 2009, the band were awarded the Hero award at the Mojo Honours and the band have been name checked over the years by an array of artists ranging from The Clash and David Bowie to Aerosmith and the Ramones. Produced with the full co-operation of The Pretty Things to commemorate the band’s 51st anniversary, "Bouquets from a Cloudy Sky" presents all of the band’s official works plus rarities galore in a superb deluxe package. The "nastiest, loudest, most controversial and influential band the world has ever seen" has never looked or sounded better!
The Box Set includes:
• All 11 studio albums on CD in gatefold digi-sleeves, including 42 bonus tracks.
• 2 ‘Rarities’ CDs with 45 previously unreleased demos, alternate versions, live recordings, sessions and outtakes.
• 2 DVDs with new documentary Midnight To Six 1965 – 1970, produced by Reelin’ In The Years, plus S.F. Sorrow Live at Abbey Road, The Pretty Things on Film, promo videos and interviews.
• 10″ ‘replica acetate featuring ‘Defecting Grey’ full length demo and ‘Turn My Head’ (studio version), plus 2 other previously unreleased tracks.
• A lavishly illustrated 100 page hardback book featuring a comprehensive Pretty Things history by Mike Stax (Ugly Things), plus rare photos and memorabilia.
• Family Tree and testimonial posters tracing the band from Little Boy Blue & The Blue Boys and The Rolling Stones to the present day and featuring hand-written messages from Pretty Things past and present.
• Court case history - Excerpts from confidential legal files from the band’s battles to retrieve their rights and songs.
• Brand new art print by Phil May the original of which will be randomly placed in one lucky set!
"BOUQUETS FROM A CLOUDY SKY" is out now on the Madfish label and you can order it from their web-site here. For more information, upcoming tour dates and news on The Pretty Things please check out their official web-site here.